Avoid legal consequences in your library by knowing copyright law!
Legal Solutions in Electronic Reserves and the Electronic Delivery of Interlibrary Loan guides you through the process of developing policies to protect you, your library, and your patrons. The book examines the philosophy and regulations behind the laws and guidelines that apply directly to library services, allowing library staff and administration to better understand why these rules are needed. This vital resource offers suggestions and advice to ensure your library can offer the best services to your patrons while staying within the boundaries of the law.
With this informative tool, you’ll learn more about:
- copyright basics—special allowances, licensing, penalties
- confidentiality basics—state regulations, institutional regulations, records retention policies
- electronic reserves and electronic delivery of interlibrary loan—differences of electronic versus physical, negotiating permissions and database contracts for use
- and more!
To help you plan your course of action, Legal Solutions in Electronic Reserves and the Electronic Delivery of Interlibrary Loan includes the text of several important laws and guidelines, such as:
- the Copyright Law
- the Agreement on Guidelines for Classroom Copying in Not-For-Profit Educational Institutions with Respect to Books and Periodicals
- the CONTU Guidelines on Photocopying under Interlibrary Loan Arrangements
- the CONFU Fair-Use Guidelines for Electronic Reserve Systems
- the American Library Association Model Policy Concerning College and University Photocopying for Classroom, Research, and Library Reserve Use (Section on Reserves)