Journalism Studies: The Basics provides an introductory overview of the emerging field of Journalism Studies, discussing key issues and contemporary debates. Drawing on Conboy’s extensive experience in the field, the changing nature of journalism and its future directions are addressed, through chapters covering:
- the history and development of Journalism Studies
- how journalists are created through training and education
- changing research methods and processes in journalism
- the impact of the ‘end product’ in wider society
- global perspectives on journalism
- technology and the future of the discipline.
Situated within a fast growing and dynamic field of study, this engaging introduction will be valuable reading for students of journalism, media and communication, along with those seeking to develop a broader understanding of contemporary journalism.