Now its third edition, Planning an Appropriate Curriculum in the Early Years offers a comprehensive guide for early years practitioners and students on how to plan and implement a suitable curriculum for the children in an Early Years setting. It examines the key roles and responsibilities of practitioners working in early years settings and those with responsibility for leading and managing provision for EYFS in primary schools.
Fully and completely revised and updated in line with the review of the Early Years Foundation Stage and the latest research evidence, this book covers all aspects of the curriculum including:
- The areas of learning and development;
- Assessment procedures and record keeping;
- Leadership and management in the early years;
- The role played by parents and carers in children’s learning and development;
- Planning for child initiated learning and adult-led activities.
With case studies of good practice and questions for reflective practice and group work, this fully updated best seller will be welcomed by students and practitioners looking to provide high quality and effective learning experiences for the under fives.