Exploring how digital resources are being used to engage students in learning and improve educational quality, Digital Agency in Higher Education promotes an awareness of relations and interplay between humans and digital artifacts.
Examining the impacts in higher education through experience-based knowledge and a conceptual framework, this book:
• provides a detailed analysis of how transformative agency can be identified, enacted, and cultivated,
• offers up-to-date cases and a future-orientated perspective on technology and knowledge work,
• addresses fundamental assumptions about how teacher education has needed to and needs to continue to develop,
• explores issues of epistemology and ethics when facing increasingly ‘intelligent' technologies, and
• argues for transformative agency to place a firm focus on human interests.
Essential reading for teachers in higher education and educational researchers with an interest in how technologies impact learning and teaching, Digital Agency in Higher Education uses cutting-edge research to bridge the gap between theoretical perspectives and practices.