Czech: An Essential Grammar is a practical reference guide to the core structures and features of modern Czech. Presenting a fresh and accessible description of the language, this engaging grammar uses clear, jargon-free explanations and sets out the complexities of Czech in short, readable sections. This new revised edition has been thoroughly updated with examples of current usage, additional morphological explanations and an historical overview of Czech as to why two levels – written and spoken Czech – exist till this day.
Suitable for either independent study or for students in schools, colleges, universities and adult classes of all types, key features include:
- focus on the morphology and syntax of the language
- clear explanations of grammatical terms
- full use of authentic examples
- use of basic twenty-first-century English borrowings
- detailed contents list and index for easy access to information.
With an emphasis on the Czech that native speakers use today, Czech: An Essential Grammar will help students to read, speak and write the language with greater confidence.