Automotive and aerospace components, utensils, and many other products are manufactured by a forming/drawing process on press machines of very thin sheet metal, 0.8 to 1.2 mm. It is imperative to study the effect of all involved parameters on output of this type of manufacturing process. This book offers the readers with application and suitability of various evolutionary, swarm, and bio-inspired optimization algorithms for sheet metal forming processes. Book initiates by presenting basics of metal forming, formability followed by discussion of process parameters in detail, prominent modes of failure, basics of optimization and various bioinspired approaches followed by optimization studies on various industrial components applying bioinspired optimization algorithms.
• Focus on description of basic investigation of metal forming, as well as evolutionary optimization
• Presentation of innovative optimization methodologies to close the gap between those formulations and industrial problems, aimed at industrial professionals
• Includes mathematical modeling of drawing/forming process
• Discusses key performance parameters, such as Thinning, Fracture, and Wrinkling
• Includes both numerical and experimental analysis