Help your students develop logical reasoning and critical thinking skills. This new book from bestselling authors and popular consultants Tammy Jones and Leslie Texas offers authentic logic-building activities and writing strategies that can be used across all subject areas in grades 9-12. Filled with hands-on activities and photocopiable tools, Strategic Journeys will help you guide your students into deeper thinking to go beyond the surface of content to true understanding.
- Identifying opportunities for students to engage in meaningful and relevant writing across the content areas;
- Introducing a logical reasoning process, questioning structure, and bridging models to allow students to delve deeper into problems;
- Incorporating literature to increase student engagement and make content come alive for your students;
- Building vocabulary and literacy skills through fun activities aimed at increasing proficiency;
- Using the Three Phases of Logical Reasoning to plan lessons effectively, help students reflect on their progress, and implement the strategies successfully.
The strategies in this book have been implemented in hundreds of classrooms around the country, and have been proven to increase student engagement, promote higher-order thinking and in-depth reasoning, and improve overall achievement.