Schools nationwide are transitioning to the Common Core--our advice to you: Don't go it alone! Our new book, Common Core Literacy Lesson Plans: Ready-to-Use Resources, K-5, shows you that teaching the Common Core State Standards in the elementary grades doesn't have to be intimidating!
This easy-to-use guide provides model lesson plans for teaching the standards in reading, writing, speaking/listening, and language.
- Get engaging lesson plans that are grade-appropriate, easy to implement and include ready-to-use reproducible handouts, assessments, resources, and ideas to help you modify the lesson for both struggling and advanced learners.
- Our Common Core Literacy Lesson Plans are designed to fit seamlessly into your K-5 curriculum.
- You get practical tips for revamping your existing lessons to meet the standards.
- Students learn how to read informational texts, write opinion-based essays, and improve their speaking and listening skills.
- Grammar mini-lessons and foundational skills mini-lessons will help you teach language conventions, phonics, fluency, and more!
We take the guesswork out of Common Core lesson plans with this practical, easy-to-use guide. All lesson plans are grade-appropriate, and every lesson plan includes...
- Common Core State Standards covered in the lesson
- Overview of objectives and focus of the lesson
- Background knowledge required and time required
- A detailed, step-by-step agenda for the lesson, plus a materials list
- Differentiation ideas to adapt the lesson for different kinds of learners
- Assessment ideas, including rubrics and scoring guides
- A place for your notes: what worked; what can improve
Bonus! We show you how to extend the lessons into longer units to suit your particular grade's curriculum, and even help you create more of your own lessons!