Since Gaudí’s famous salamander was damaged with an iron bar in February 2007, the sword of Damocles has been hanging over Park Güell, threatening its condition as public open space. After several failed attempts, on 25 October 2013 the municipal government’s plan to regulate the access to one of the most visited tourist attractions in Barcelona became operational. Part of the park, designed by Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí and acquired by the city in 1922 after the failure of the original residential project, is no longer publicly accessible. Through the enclosure and control of its central area, Park Güell officially became an open-air museum with restricted access.