O'Dell submitted three reports to Discovery and Excavation in Scotland, in 1957, 1958 and 1959. The 1957 entry (O'Dell 1957) describes the results of a culmination of three seasons work, in 1955, 1956 and 1957 (see below), including clearing of the interior of the medieval chapel, excavation of the 'Founder's Tomb', and the excavation of a large pit within the nave. The following year's entry (O'Dell 1958) describes the location of some of the trenches excavated around the area of the chapel in 1958, as well as a deep trench within it and the finding of Iron Age levels and the silver hoard (see below). The 1959 entry (O'Dell 1959c) describes the further excavation of the nave, and the excavation of a large area to the south of the chapel (see below).