In order to succeed, you will need to acquire and master a set of key attributes and skills that you will be able to deploy with confidence on a regular basis. These include:
• having an overview of the main online and printed sources relevant to your research;
• getting to know a range of available online sources, and being able to evaluate these sources comparatively;
• gaining confidence in using online resources to identify, evaluate and retrieve relevant primary material and secondary scholarship for your research topic;
• using online and printed sources to identify and locate material archives;
• participating in online information networks and becoming part of a research community;
• and finally, being able to keep up to date with developments in the subject.