Doctor’s assistant in Dalldorf
DOI link for Doctor’s assistant in Dalldorf
Doctor’s assistant in Dalldorf book
Dalldorf had once been outside Berlin, some distance from its outer suburbs. In 1869, the municipality of Berlin bought the Dalldorf estate to establish a psychiatric institution there and, in 1880, a clinic was built for 500 patients and made ready for use. Dalldorf had a psychiatric department and a department for sick psychiatric patients and epileptics. Both had a medical director, and the director of the psychiatric department was also the general director. Psychiatric department had a senior doctor, four doctors' assistants, two volunteer doctors, and 140 care staff, both male and female. The Charite would regularly send on to Dalldorf patients whom it was unable to help any further. Karl Abraham went to Dalldorf on the recommendation of his teacher, Keibel, because Hugo Karl Liepmann was working there as a brain pathologist. Abraham was interested in cell research and did not take up the post in order to become involved in psychiatry.