Production companies are not legally required to carry any insurance other than workers' compensation and employer's liability, and comprehensive general and automobile liability (CGAL). The first is required at all times and everywhere; the second is required only when commercial filming is conducted outside a studio on state, county, city, or private property, or on any other location requiring a permit. It is customary and sensible, however, to put together an insurance package that addresses the potential problems and risks of the production. The insurance company issues certificates of insurance, which name the insured production company, the coverages, and the certificate holder, who is an additional insured party. This chapter presents brief, nontechnical descriptions of the various types of insurance coverage available. For detailed contractual information, the production company should contact an insurance agent or broker.