Following World War II, the Italian Psychoanalytic Society was reestablished, and the First Italian Psychoanalytic Congress was held in Rome on October 22–23, 1946. The Society had finally been accorded tentative recognition by the Central Executive of the International Psychoanalytic Association. Six former members of the Society were present: the Princess Lampedusa of Palma, Dr. Merloni, Professor Musatti, Dr. Perrotti, and Professor Servadio. Two additional new members were elected, and two candidates were under consideration for membership. A quarterly became the official organ of the Society. Perrotti was elected president, while honorary membership was conferred on Weiss.