The Colloquial series provides beginner courses for a wide range of languages. The series presents the language as it is written and spoken today, accompanied with free audio by native speakers. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in a broad range of situations.
Key features include:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- review chapters at intervals throughout the text providing motivational checklists of language points covered
- an overview of the sounds of the language
- A full answer key and glossary at the back of the book
No prior knowledge of the language is required, and the books are aimed at a wide audience and come with free audio at www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials.