The Gildredge Social Policy Series
This is a series of introductory textbooks written by experienced teachers for the growing number of students of social policy at A and A/S-level, on GNVQ courses, in their first year at university or following a professional diploma course, who have to make sense of a complex and fast-changing scene.
Covering key areas of policy, the books are short, tightly structured texts designed to be aids to learning.
Each book includes:
* a brief history and background to its policy area
* a review of current provision
* a discussion of future issues and possible developments.
Each chapter includes:
* an outline of the content
* a summary of key points
* a guide to further reading.
These attractively produced volumes are competitively priced and make an ideal purchase for the student new to social policy.