Routledge Language Workbooks provide absolute beginners with practical introductions to core areas of language study. Books in the series provide comprehensive coverage of the area as well as a basis for further investigation. Each Language Workbook guides the reader through the subject using 'hands-on' language analysis, equipping them with the basic analytical skills needed to handle a wide range of data. Written in a clear and simple style, with all technical concepts fully explained, Language Workbooks can be used for independent study or as part of a taught class. Language Workbooks:
- teach through 'hands-on' language analysis, exercises with answer keys
- give a balanced insight into basic linguistic theory
- apply basic analytical skills to a wide range of data
- explain all technical concepts clearly and simply
- are written by experienced teachers in the field.