Routledge Research in Information Systems
As global communications improve, the need to manage information effectively is essential. This series will provide a window into the information systems community, covering planning and technology matters and placing systems in their social and cultural context. The following issues will be highlighted:
* the accelerating capacity of technology to deliver effective information systems of all types (eg library, management, geographic, etc)
* the globalization of information, for instance on the Internet
* the politics of the global "information ghetto"
* the "end of the library"
* the need for humanized information systems
* information systems and distance learning
* the growing phenomena of teleworking